How do I get refund from Korean Airlines?
Korean Air is one of the top airlines that ensure that their customers don't need to struggle for anything. Regarding refunds, whether you cancelled the ticket voluntarily or Korean Air cancels it, you can claim a refund from the airline. The refund depends on your ticket condition, type, cancellation time, and other external factors.
Besides, if you don't know, how do I get a refund from Korean Air? It's a very simple method. You can read the complete article below to discover the detailed information.
Various means of getting a Korean Air refund
Depending on your ticket source, you can opt for any of the means below to get your refund. Besides, for third-party bookings, you must speak to the agent directly.
Get a refund through the Korean Air website.
It's one of the simplest and most convenient ways to get a refund. All you need to do is cancel the ticket first and submit the refund request form online. Check out the detailed procedure below for better clarity.
Steps to get Refund from Korean Air:
- First, go to the official website Korean Air.
- Once you access the booking dashboard, select the ticket you wish to get a refund.
- You need to provide the cancelled reason and complete the process.
- Now it's time to claim a refund, so go to the ticket refund page on the website
- Then access the refund request form available on the page.
- You need to fill in all the refund-related information and submit the form.
- The Korean Air team will review your form and initiate the refund in around 3-5 days if applicable.
Get Refund from Korean Air by calling the Korean Air Contact center
- If you don't find the online procedure feasible, you can also speak to the Korean Air representative and ask for their assistance in applying for a refund.
- Dial the Korean Air reservation phone number
- You need to follow the IVR and speak to the Korean representative
- Ask the agent that you want to cancel the ticket and get a refund
- Provide booking reference number and other required detailed
- You need to provide the information that the representative asks you, and soon they will cancel the ticket and claim a refund on your behalf
Get Refund from Korean Air by Ticket office
If you purchase a ticket from a local Korean ticket office, you can visit them or talk to them to cancel the ticket and process the refund.
- Go to the service center of Korean Air on the support page
- Search for the local Korean air office contact information
- You can then either visit the office or speak to them on the phone to cancel the ticket and get a refund
- Provide the relevant documents, and soon they will process the refund by cancelling your ticket
So one can use any of the options above to get a refund from Korean air. If you doubt the terms and conditions of a Korean air refund, you can check out the highlights below.
What is the refund policy of Korean Air?
- You can apply for a refund using both online and offline options. It generally takes 7-10 days to process and reflect the refund in your bank. The Korean Air refund policy helps you to get your refund.
- If you cancel a ticket on the same day of purchase or within 24 hours of booking, you get a full refund from the airline. However, if you cancel the ticket after 24 hours, the cancellation charges apply.
- The rule applies to all ticket types, regardless of your fare conditions or other factors.
- The refund depends on the ticket type you purchased; if you have an economy class, you are eligible to get a refund only within 24 hours. In contrast, if you hold a business class ticket, you can cancel the ticket without any charges up to a week before departure.
- Per the policy, you are eligible to get a refund only if you purchase a refundable ticket; the airline is not responsible for any compensation.
- To get the refund, you must submit the refund form and relevant documents along with your ID and your e-ticket.
If you purchase a ticket in cash or cheque, you can walk down to the ticket counter and get your refund in cash form. However, your refund will be credited to your account for credit card and debit card payments.
What is Korean air refund policy covid
- If you book your flight ticket using miles during COVID and looking for a refund, the refund policy covid allow you to do that.
- You should have a valid ticket to get a refund from Korean air up to 1 year from the departure or the issuance date.
- Korean Air has revised its policy due to the COVID crisis, according to which you can extend your miles now.
- If your flight is affected by COVID, you can inform the airline and opt to get a voucher for future travel.
- The voucher has a validity of one year; you can speak to the Korean representative if you wish to extend the validity.
Going through the refund policies above, you must be clear about how the Korean air refund works and the terms and confirmation. Now, if you ever doubt how much the refund time is, you can scroll down the page below.
How long does it take to get a refund from Korean air?
Once you apply for the refund, it generally takes 3 to 5 days. However, it can vary depending on your payment mode. If you purchase a ticket in cash, the refund time might be stretched to 20 days, whereas it takes around five days when the credit card or debit card is used.
Q1- Will Korean Air refund for canceled flights?
Yes! If Korean Air cancels your flight, then as per EU 261 regulation, the airline will provide you with an alternative flight option or a full refund. However, the airline is not liable for a refund if the flight is canceled due to some extraordinary circumstances, like bad weather, an issue at the airport, etc.
You can also claim Euro 600 per person as compensation if the airline notifies you about cancellation less than 14 days before departure. However, as per Korean Air refund policy, the refund might vary based on several conditions; you can speak directly to the Korean air representative for additional information.