How can I cancel my flight in Etihad Airways?
All About Etihad flight Cancellation Process
Suppose you had planned a family visit and booked a flight ticket with Etihad airlines, but due to some unavoidable circumstances, you had to cancel Etihad flight. Now you are wondering about the Etihad airlines cancellation policy, then don't worry. Read the information below to learn the cancellation policy and process of the airline.
Know about the cancellation policy of Etihad airways
Changes in travel plans are common and unexpected. Modifications in flight ticket might not be easy and cost heavy amounts but if Etihad Airways is chosen for flying, modifications are easy.
To book a flight ticket in Etihad airways, a passenger can either choose online or offline mode. After booking a ticket, if a passenger wishes to cancel the ticket, it can be easily done. The cancellation policy is different for offline and online cancellations. If a passenger contacts the support department or local offices for cancellation, then Etihad airways cancellation policy is as follows:
- If the passenger wants to cancel the ticket, it should be pre-informed so as to avoid cancellation fee and no show fee.
- For cancellations made within 96 hours of scheduled departure, there will be an additional charge of 10% to the cancellation amount.
- The cancellation fee is waived off if the passenger or any immediate family member passes away. For this condition, proper documents are required.
- The cancellation fee will be charged as per the fare rules of Etihad airways cancellation policy.
If the cancellation is being done online through Manage booking, then below mentioned are the important pointers in that case:
- The ticket should not be used by the passenger and should be refundable.
- The cancellation is only allowed if the ticket was purchased at least 5 days ago.
- If less than 2 hours are left for the departure, online cancellation is not allowed.
- The ticket which is being cancelled should be purchased using a single credit card.
- The passenger needs to ensure that the ticket has not been exchanged with any other passenger.
- The refund amount of cancellation is calculated by referring the fare rules of Etihad airways cancellation policy.
- The refund amount will be processed in the same credit card which was used for purchasing the ticket.
- The process of cancellation and refund in Etihad airways cannot be reversed if once initiated.
- The credit card refunds might take 14 to 30 working days to appear in the bank account.
Methods to cancel your flight with Etihad Airline:
If you have booked a flight with Etihad Airlines and want to cancel the reservation, then you can use different online and offline ways like airport helpdesk, phone, etc., to complete the procedure. Follow the below information to cancel your Flight booking-
Cancel Etihad Flight date via online-
Website flight cancellation is the best option to perform by yourself because it will be more convenient for checking your refund status as well. Follow the below procedure to cancel your flight with the Manage Booking option.
Etihad Cancellation Process-
- Open your web browser and visit the official website at www.etihad.com.
- Navigate the manage booking option available on the home screen
- Now select the option and enter your booking reference number.
- You will get your previously booked trips.
- Now select the trip you want to proceed with for Etihad cancellation.
- Now you have to select the cancel flight option, and a new page with a cancellation will get displayed on your screen.
- Now fill out the details like your personal information, the reason for cancellation, etc., and proceed further.
- After rechecking all the details, submit the cancellation form.
- You will get your refund amount on the screen after the deduction of the cancellation fee. If you agree with the given amount, click to submit.
- You will get a cancellation completion mail on your provided email id, and there will be a tracking id for refund status. save it for future use to track your refund status.
Are you looking for How can I change my Flight with Etihad?People can easily change or rebook etihad flight by following change flight ticket policy.
Cancel Etihad Flight Date via phone call-
If you are not a technocrat and want to connect with the agent for the cancellation process, you can connect with them through the Etihad helpline number. Follow the below steps to talk with the Live representative through call-
- Dial 1 877 690 0767 on your phone.
- Choose your preferred language
- Follow the IVR instructions.
- Press 1 for cancellation
- After pressing the relevant key, wait for a while as your call connects to the airline representative.
After the connection, explain your issue and ask the agent to complete the process on your behalf.
How much does cost to cancel Etihad Flight
If you want to chancel your Etihad flight date due to any personal or professional reasons then you can easily cancel it. For cancel flight on Etihad you do not have to pay money but for reschudeling have to pay around $150-200 but it will change as per availablity of flight.
For any other query or issue, the customer support of Etihad airways can be contacted.