How can I book a flight ticket with an IRCTC Account?
IRCTC, or Indian railway catering or tourism corporation, is a one-stop solution to facilitate and help Indian people in railways, catering, tourism ticketing, etc. IRCTC is an Indian government portal through which you can reserve your travel plans be it train, flight, or bus, so if you are confused about can I book flight ticket with IRCTC, then the answer is yes. Every IRCTC user has a username and password, which is required to complete the booking; no matter which portal you use to book a flight or train or meal, the IRCTC account details are required to get the tickets.
Things to know about IRCTC Flight Ticket Booking Methods
- Every user has a unique mix of username and password that is needed to complete the booking procedure.
- The IRCTC portal is designed to be compatible with desktops, mobile phones, tablets, etc.
- IRCTC has its mobile application, which has a seamless booking experience and other benefits as well.
- Users can get access to their transaction and booking history through one account.
- The IRCTC lets people know the ticket confirmation prediction on its application and website.
- You can log in to your IRCTC account on different devices as per your need.
- IRCTC has the filter option for travelers with exceptional cases such as quota type, type of train, special forces, etc.
- IRCTC does not charge extra money on flights, trains, or meal bookings. The prices will be reasonable as per the government, and GST will be inclusive, so the passengers do not have to pay for other extra things.
These are some of the features that IRCTC has facilitated for the people, and it is still launching new features by the time. Now let's look at the steps to book a flight using the IRCTC account. Below are two major methods of booking a flight with IRCTC: one is through the website, and the other is using the mobile application.
Before you move forward with the booking procedure of IRCTC using the account, make sure you have registered yourself on IRCTC. To register for IRCTC, you can visit the official website and click on the register option.
Book a flight with IRCTC using the Online Website:
- Head towards the official IRCTC website using your default web browser on a desktop or PC.
- From the top tab, click on the 'flights' section, and you will be redirected to another window.
- Select your trip type from the round trip, one-way, multi city, and choose the origin and arrival destinations on the next page.
- Select the number of passengers and your flight cabin to hit the 'search' button beside.
- A list of available flights on your route will appear on the next page, so shortlist as per your preference and choose the one.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and finally make the payment to get the tickets to your registered mailing address.
Book flight with IRCTC using a Mobile Application:
- Download the latest version of the IRCTC application on your phone.
- Click on the 'flight' icon from the list that appears on the homepage.
- Now enter the required information in the suitable space, such as your arrival, origin destinations, number of passengers, flight cabin, etc.
- Click on the search button and select the flight as per your preference and budget.
- The next step is to log in to your IRCTC account using the login credentials
Now follow the prompted steps to complete the booking and get your tickets.