How can I change my flight without paying a fee
Here is all you need to know about changing your flight without paying changing fee
‘How can I change my flight without paying a fee’ a question that always come in mind before cancelling a fight ticket . Changing a flight can be a costly task for every passenger traveling with the top airlines in the world. But there are many ways through which you can change your flight without paying the changing fee. Top airlines usually charge around 75$ for changing the flight for domestic travel. Here are some ways that you can use to make changes to your flight reservation without paying the changing fee:
1- Change it within 24 hours
- If you immediately regret your booking decision so your can simply cancel your booking within 24 hours of your purchase and request for a refund.
- All the top airlines refund the whole amount paid for the service if the booking is cancelled within 24 hours of the purchase. This makes you eligible for a full refund for your purchase.
- You can simply go to the original point of your booking and request for cancellation and a refund.
- If you booked the ticket online then you can go to the website and request for a refund and if you booked through the counter of the airlines then you simply need to contact the customer care service of the airlines for the cancellation.
- If the booking is done through a travel agent then you should immediately contact the agent for cancellation and request for a refund of your purchase and discuss about how can i change my flight without paying a fee.
2- Do the changes before time, at least 60 days before the scheduled flight
- If you are not able to cancel your booking within 24 hours , don’t worry if you still have a couple of months left .
- You can cancel your flight or make changes before 60 days of the actual departure date.
- Some airlines allow free cancellation before 60 days of the scheduled departure. So you just need to contact the customer service of the airlines or have a look on the cancellation policy of the airlines online to know if the airlines have this cancellation policy of cancelling your ticket before 60 days. If yes, then you can simply follow the cancellation procedure and request for a refund .
- Some airlines have this policy with a small penalty charge which will be deducted from the amount you paid for the purchase and the rest amount will be refunded to you, so you can check for this policy also.
3- Buy a flexible fare ticket
- If you have any doubt on your plan while booking your ticket , then you should go for a flexible ticket. This may charge a bit more but it will help you in future, if you plan to cancel your reservation.
- These flexible fare tickets are refundable so you can simply cancel your booking and request for a refund. Some airlines name these tickets as refundable tickets.
4- Change your flight on the same day with the same route
- If you are comfortable with the date and the route of the flight and you just want to change your departure time, then you can simply request for a swap of flight from the same origin and date but at a different time.
- This is the cheapest way of changing your flight. Airlines charge a small amount of penalty for the swap of flight but it is not more than 75$. You can contact the airlines counter for swapping of the flight.
If you have this question in your mind ‘how can I change my flight without paying a fee’ then these ways will definitely clear all your doubts . For knowing more about the cancellation policy you can contact the customer care service of the airlines, you can also go to their website to check their cancellation policy.