How can I reschedule my American Airlines Flight?
Reschedule my American Airlines Flight?
Few passengers are not entirely sure about their plans, and after making the reservation, they want to make changes due to reasons like postponed meetings, cancellations, etc. Changes are very regular these days. Some are the force changes due to weather issues, health issues, etc. Sometimes, passengers are not entirely concentrated while filling in the details at booking. After making the confirmed reservation, they want to change the bookings. While traveling with American Airlines, passengers will get the facility to reschedule the flight or make changes in the bookings after the reservation. To know detailed information about this, you need to read below.
Policies to Reschedule the Flight of American airlines are given below.
- If you booked the flight from American Airlines' official website and want to reschedule the flight within 24 hours of making a reservation, you can do it without paying charges.
- If a passenger wants to reschedule the flight after the free window, they will need to pay the charges, and these charges will depend upon the time left on the boarding date and the date of rescheduling the flight.
- If you booked the flight with any official American Airlines representative, you need to contact them to make the changes in the bookings or reschedule the flight.
- American airlines also allow you to make the changes or reschedule the flight on the boarding date. If you want to reschedule the flight on the boarding date, you must pay more charges.
- In case of passengers book the flight by using vouchers or deals, they can also reschedule the flight, but they need to pay the cost of rescheduling the flight.
- Passengers can only reschedule the flight only if there are seats available on the flight by which they want to travel if the seat is not available, the passenger will not be able to reschedule the flight on the preferred date.
- In case of passenger misses the flight, then they are not able to make changes in the bookings or do not able to reschedule the flight after the boarding time.
The passenger's amount to pay for rescheduling the American flight is given below.
Passengers need to pay around 80 USD to 100 USD for rescheduling the flight if they passenger traveling on a Domestic flight.
If the passenger is traveling to any international destination, they will need to pay around 100 USD to 120 USD for rescheduling the flight.
The steps you need to follow are mentioned below.
- Open the official website of American airlines in your search engine.
- Next, select the option to manage bookings.
- After this, fill out the booking reference number and last name of the passenger.
- Now you can see your bookings and select the bookings you want to reschedule.
- Further, you fill out the new date, and you can see the flight of that date on the screen.
- You will have to select them according to your time and go to the payment section.
- Next, you need to pay for rescheduling the flight using a card or other online ways.
- Last, you will get a confirmation message of rescheduling the flight on the registered email id and given contact number.
Can you reschedule the American Airlines flight for free?
There are many situations in which American airlines allow their passenger to reschedule their flight without paying any charges. Several passengers want to know about the policies in which they can reschedule the flight free of cost; those passengers need to read below to get the complete information about this.
- If passengers booked the flight from the official website of American airlines or through any other way and want to reschedule the flight within 24 hours of booking, they can do it free of cost.
- If any medical emergency happens with the passenger or any family member of a passenger after booking the flight, the time left on the boarding date is less than 30 days. Passengers can reschedule the flight free of cost.
- In case any death happens in the family member of a passenger after making the reservation. The passenger can reschedule the flight free of cost, but they need to show the medical certificate to American Airlines' officials.
- Suppose the flight is delayed for more than five hours or canceled by American airlines. In that case, the passenger can reschedule the flight without paying any charges, or if a passenger wants, American airlines will give them a refund.
- If the passenger's flight is booked by using any miles, the passenger can reschedule the flight free of cost.
- Passengers do not need to pay any charges if they are rescheduling a flight due to any genuine reason.
The steps you need to follow to reschedule the flight free of cost are below.
- Visit the official website of American airlines in your search engine.
- Next, you need to select the manage bookings option section from that page.
- Next, you need to fill out the details of the last name and booking reference number.
- Further, your bookings will be open to fill out the new date, select the new flight, and save the changes.
- Last you will get a confirmation message of rescheduling the flight on the given contact details.
With the help of the statements mentioned earlier, passengers will know the American Airlines reschedule policy and the process of rescheduling the flight. Still, if any passenger faces any issues, they can also contact the official representative of American airlines; they will guide you and provide you with the best possible way to solve the query.