How do i get refund from Icelandair?
What Is The Process to Get A Refund From Icelandair?
Cancellation of the ticket is always a surprising situation for the person. It occurs most of the time when there is some medical emergency or sudden change in plans. However, most people are not aware of such a situation and could not plan what to do. However, Icelandair provides a refund for the cancellation, but not for all cases. You must be wondering that can I get a refund from Icelandair or not, then you must remember the refund policy of Icelandair. You can go through this and see you are eligible to get the full refund or not.
What is the Icelandair refund policy?
- You should meet specific points to get the refund, though this airline provides a promising policy that never fails to meet the customer’s demand.
- You will be provided with a 24 hours risk-free cancellation. It means, if you have cancelled the tickets within 24 hours of booking, then you can get the full refund. Nevertheless, you have to book the ticket at least seven days before departure.
- If you are cancelling a ticket on the same day for departure, you have to bear some cancellation charges that will be deducted from the refund amount.
- You can get the full refund only when you have purchased the refundable ticket. In this case, there are no such cancellation charges, and you are eligible to get a refund in any scenario. But, in the case of the non-refundable ticket, you can get a refund when you are cancelling the ticket within 24 hours of bookings and seven days before the departure.
- When you have cancelled the ticket during the “No show” condition, then you will not be able to get a refund from the airlines. Though, in case of a medical emergency or sudden legal work, you can ask for another flight or a refund. But you might have to provide the documents to prove the reason.
- Now, if you are a premium service holder or access the flyer program, you can get refunds for a certain condition, like cancelling the tickets just a few days before the departure or on the same day.
So to get the refund or how do i get refund from Icelandair you must meet the points as mentioned above. Go through them, and if you are getting the refund, you have to apply for it. Icelandair comes with an easy process to use for the refund though refund timing or transfers to the account based on payment mode. You might not be aware of the process or steps to apply for the refund and can you get refund or not?.You can do this online.You can also direct below mentioned strides.
Steps To Get The Refund From Icelandair
There are some easy to direct steps that you can run easily and without facing any problem but make sure you don’t skip any one of them.
- First of all, go to the official website of Icelandair, or you can go with the Icelandair mobile application.
- When you use the mobile application, you can turn the process fast and easy to run.
- Next, you have to go to the main page of the website. And when you are using the mobile application, then click on the “Menu” at the top of the page.
- Further, you can see the “Refund” option, click on it, and a new page will open.
- On this page, you have to provide information like what is the name, origin, and destination. Scroll down, and you can see a few more spaces where you need to mention the ticket information.
- Click on the submit and next option.
- This will be the second form for a refund; you need to fill in the payment details. As we have mentioned that you need to mention the payment mode as this will decide the time period or the days after which you will get a refund
- Now click on the submit option and move to the last form.
- Here you have to mention the reason behind the cancellation. You can even attach the documents.
- Click on the final review and submit.
Now, you can see how do i get refund from Icelandair, and if you have made the payment with cash, then it will take 15 days to transfer to the account. And when you have made the online payment, then you can get the refund within seven days of applying. You can easily connect with the person and know about the process more or discuss the problem you are facing while getting a refund.