How do i Cancel my Qatar Airways Flight Ticket?
Suppose you had booked a flight with Qatar airways for a family holiday, and just before the day of departure, your young one is feeling sick and unable to travel. In this situation, you must consider canceling your flight with the airline. If you have faced a similar situation due to which you had to cancel your flight and wondered How do I cancel my flight on Qatar, then continue reading the below information to learn flight cancellation policies and the process of Qatar airways.
What is Qatar Airways' cancellation policy?
For international travel, you can cancel your flight 3 hours before your scheduled departure; for domestic flights, you can cancel your booking 90 minutes before your scheduled departure. There are some other important guidelines you need to keep in mind before opting for cancellation.
Reservation made by reward points and miles does not come under the flight cancellation policy of the airline.
- If the passenger is canceling their flight 24 hours after the ticket purchase time and your departure date is after seven or more days, you can opt for flight cancellation and get a full refund.
- Under some guidelines, you will not be allowed to cancel your flight booking after the scheduled departure time. The entire fare amount will be forfeited, and The traveler can claim no refund under these circumstances.
- In the case of a non-refundable ticket, you will not be refunded by the airline.
- In the case of severe illness and the death of a family, member passengers can opt for cancellation and get a full refund from the airline. You will be needed to provide supporting documents to the authorities to make a claim.
- The most restrictive Qatar cancellation policy would be applied to your cancellation in a case that includes two or multiple fare conditions.
- In the situation where the passenger is denied boarding due to a lack of verification documents to him. Then the passenger will have to pay the Qatar cancellation fee and no-show fee to the airline.
- In a case where a traveler request multiple cancellations or change of their booking, Then the most rigid cancellation fee might be applicable among all the reissued fares.
- No cancellation will be allowed to the booking when the cancellation is requested 12 months after the scheduled departure.
- In some ticket amounts, both cancellation fees and no-shows would be applicable.
Ways How to cancel my flight on Qatar Airways?
Reservations that are made on the official website of Qatar can be canceled through the Manage Booking section. You will be asked to pay the cancellation fee and surcharges as per the Qatar airways cancellation policy. Continue reading the information to learn the cancellation process.
Cancel Qatar Flight Ticket through Online –
- You have to visit the official website of Qatar Airways.
- Now locate my trip tab option available on the home page.
- You have to fill out your booking reference and last name in the given tabs.
- After filling out all the details, select the retrieve booking option to get your trip information.
- Now you have to select the "Make Modification" option available on your trip to cancel the flight.
- Now cancel your flight by selecting the cancellation option and also select the reason for cancellation.
- Your refund amount will be displayed on the screen after subtracting applicable cancellation charges from the total ticket fare.
- If you agree with the amount, submit your request.
- You will get the cancellation confirmation mail at your registered email address.
- Dont forget to apply for a refund by filling out the refund request form.
Cancel Qatar Airways Ticket through phone calls-
If you are not a technocrat and want human interaction to assist you with the cancellation situation, then you can also opt for Qatar Airways' cancellation phone number. The live agent will help you with the cancellation process. The customer service number is available 24/7 for passengers.
- Firstly, you have to dial Qatar airwyas cancellation phone number 1 (877) 777-2827 on your phone to speak to the live agent of the airline.
- Now you can choose your preferred language.
- You have to follow the IVR instruction on call.
- Pres 1 for flight booking with the airline.
- Press 2 for baggage issue- lost or damaged luggage
- Press 3 for flight cancellation with the airline.
- Press 4 for claiming compensation for a delayed or canceled flight.
- Now after pressing the relevant numeric key, wait for a bit as your call gets connected to the live agent.
- After connecting, provide your booking details to the agent to make it easy to retrieve the information about your booking.
- Now explain your situation and ask the agent to complete the cancellation process on your behalf.
- After completion, ask the agent to process the refund also and get the refund tracking number for future use.
- You will receive a confirmation mail about your cancellation and refund issuance.
Cancel Qatar Airways Ticket through Airport Ticket Counter-
You can also opt for cancellation by visiting the ticket counter of Qatar airways at the airport. However, it will take much more time and may be the last resort to go for. If you have chosen the cancellation process through the airport, then you will need to go to the departure airport. You can process cancellation three hours before the departure time. The airline will provide you with a refund of the cancellation after subtracting both service fees and cancellation fees. After deduction, the remaining amount will be credited to your bank account within 1 to 3 weeks of the time period.
Some Related Questions & Answers:
Q- How much cancellation fee will be deducted?
The cancellation fee of the Qatar air ticket will be $200-$250 depending on your cancellation time, travel class, reservation date, destination, etc.
Q- Can I cancel ticket in Qatar Airways?
Yes, you can cancel your flight booking three hours before your scheduled departure.
Q- Can I get my money back after cancellation?
Yes, you can get your money back if you cancel the flight within 24 hours of purchase time